It’s no secret that PPC can deliver great results for your business and is one of the most effective ways to drive traffic to your website quickly and cost-effectively. However, there are still many misconceptions about the PPC platform and how it can work for business so we thought we’d tell you all about the most common PPC myths and our thoughts!
1. High SEO Results Mean I Don’t Need PPC
You might be in one of the top positions of the search engine results organically but SEO and PPC can be extremely effective when used together. Remember that it can take multiple mentions of your brand for customers to remember and engage with you so if you can appear more than once in the search results, even better! If you buy ad space for the keywords you already rank for organically, it provides you with even more space on the search results page.
Although 53% of searchers click on the first organic search results, you’re still missing out on the other 47% of people who do not click that result! PPC helps to increase your odds of being clicked and driving qualified traffic to your website.
2. PPC can be set up and forgotten
It might be quick and easy to set up a PPC campaign and many business owners think they can set up their campaigns on day one and leave them to tick over in the background. However, if you don’t regularly check in to your account and optimise your keyword list, ad copy, landing page and other elements, you could be missing out on traffic and conversions and you could be letting your budget burn through with very little return on investment.
The more effort you put into monitoring and analysing your campaigns, the more you will get out of them.
3. No one clicks on PPC ads
This simply isn’t true! PPC might be seen as more of a traditional, interruptive marketing technique but it’s still highly effective. You might be able to tell the difference between a PPC ad and an organic search result but up to 55% of internet users cannot tell the difference between ads or organic listings. So, if you’re not utilising PPC, you could be missing out on 55% of internet traffic!
4. The more you spend, the higher you rank
This myth is also part of the misconception that only large brands with big budgets can run PPC ads due to the competitiveness of certain keywords. And, it is true that, with a larger budget, you can generate clicks and conversions in a much shorter time frame than you can with a smaller budget. You can also bid higher for keywords which can boost your position in the search engine results.
However, high bids do not factor into your quality score which is how search engines dictate the relevance of your ad, keywords and landing pages to each other. So, if your keywords and ads don’t match the pages you direct them too, Google will score you lower and, no matter how large your budget, you’re not going to appear top of the results.
5. PPC is too expensive and not worth the investment
Yes, PPC can be expensive...but only if you let it. One of the biggest advantages of PPC advertising is that you can set the budget to a weekly or monthly limit which means that you will never run over so you don’t have to worry about being out of pocket. The results you get from your PPC campaigns will depend on how well you monitor and optimise them.
6. I won’t reach the right audience with my ads
The opposite is actually true here. PPC is one of the most targeted advertising platforms you can use. PPC allows you to target keywords directly related to your products and services so your ads will only show when people search for those terms. In addition, you can target by location, time of day and so many more factors to drill down your audience and make sure you’re reaching the right people every time.
Managing PPC Campaigns on a Shoestring Budget
Stop wasting your money on poor quality PPC clicks, read our detailed guide on managing PPC on a shoestring budget.
Can User-Generated Content Give Your Business a Much Needed Boost?
The use of user-generated content in digital marketing has seen rapid growth over the last few years. With the average consumer bombarded by over 3,000 brand messages every day, it’s easy to see why they no longer pay attention to or trust brand advertising messages. Do you know how to utilise user-generated content for your business?
Should You be Remarketing to Your Customers?
Remarketing is an extremely powerful tool which allows you to target visitors to your website with targeted and personal display ads in order to remind those who did not purchase from you about your brand as they browse the web. The people who have already visited your website have already shown an interest in your product or service and they already have an idea of who you are and what you do so are more likely to convert than those people who have never been to your website.
Does Google Have a Love Hate Relationship With Your Website?
Why does what Google thinks about your website matter?